Finding the perfect wedding jewelry can be difficult and time-consuming. There are so many options to choose from, but what is the best for you? Whether it’s your engagement ring or something in between, here are some tips on how to find the right one for you.
The Picking the Perfect Wedding Jewelry
Tips: Know What You Want. The most important thing to know before shopping is what kind of jewelry you’re looking for and why. Is it an engagement ring? A necklace? Something else entirely? Knowing this will help narrow down your search exponentially. If you know that a specific piece of jewelry has sentimental value, don’t buy anything less than perfect! On the other hand, if budget is more important than sentimentality, there are plenty of variants.
Choosing your wedding jewelry can be daunting, but it doesn’t have to be. With these tips and tricks for selecting the perfect pieces, you’ll know exactly what to do!
- Know your skin tone: Your skin will dictate which colors of stones are best for you. For example, if you’re fair-skinned, choose emeralds or diamonds that have a great tint, while those with olive complexions should opt for yellow gold or rose gold. If your skin is dark, then go with red garnets and ruby, while light should wear aquamarine or peridot.
- Consider the shape of the stone: There are many different shapes available, including round-cut (this is one of the most popular).
The thing to Avoid When Choosing Wedding Jewelry
Choosing the perfect wedding jewelry can be a difficult task, and it’s often hard to find just what you’re looking for. To make your decision process more accessible, we’ve compiled this list of things that you should avoid when choosing wedding jewelry.
- Avoid large metal settings if they are too heavy on your wrist or earlobes- weighty metals will pull down on these areas and cause discomfort during the day of your event.
- Try not to choose colors that clash with clothes you’ll be wearing at the time of your ceremony or reception- it may seem like an easy fix now, but in all likelihood, you’ll forget about this detail by then!
- Don’t buy something just because it’s on sale or because of its price. You don’t want to spend money on something that you’re not even sure if they’ll like. Instead, ask them what type of jewelry they prefer and go from there.
- If the person has a favorite color, try to get one with their color in it somewhere (blue earrings are great if she loves blue). Or if they have two favorite colors but can’t decide between them.
In the hustle and bustle of wedding planning, it can be easy to forget about choosing your jewelry. However, what you choose to wear on your wedding day will set the tone for the rest of your day. So when looking for a dress or veil, think about what type of jewelry you want to go with that look, so you don’t have any regrets later. Keeping this in mind should help make sure that every detail is perfect.